Artists Create the Life You Want
When you own your own art business you can build it around whatever is the highest priority for you. One of the highest priorities for me is freedom. Freedom to do what I want when I want. The freedom to work on the projects I want to and say no to the ones I don't. The freedom to make my own decisions and create the kind of business that I want. I spent 30 years in the corporate world, and cannot imagine being chained to a desk in a cube farm any longer. It just isn't me (and it really never was me).
If you own your own business, you can do the same thing: create the life you want. You can design the business around the priorities in your life. You can set your own schedule and make your own decisions. Maybe your priority is to have the summer off with your children, to spend more time with them or travel with them. Maybe you want to have a business (like me) where you get to travel to beautiful places and meet amazing people. Maybe you want a business that is built to serve others. Whatever your goals and priorities are, you can build your business around them.
Don't get me wrong, having your own art business is not all rainbows and unicorns. It's hard work, and lots of it. It's probably more work than you have ever done before. But you're building something for yourself and your life. Something that you can be proud of and something that can be richly rewarding. You get to choose the terms. You get to set the schedule. You get to make the decisions. You get to set the direction.
If you'd like to learn how to set your own direction, then please join me for a painting workshop: (You can view a list of 2018 workshops HERE)
- June 6-9 Peninsula School of Art, Door County, WI. To register contact Elysia Michaelson: firstname.lastname@example.org. See Details Here.
- June 25-27 Associated Artists of Southport, Southport, NC. To register contact Nancy Schulte: email@example.com.
- July 13-14 Art Alliance of Greensboro, Greensboro, NC. To register contact Liz Busch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 27-29 Western Colorado Center for the Arts, Grand Junction, CO. To register contact Haley Van Camp: email@example.com.
- August 8-10 David M. Kessler Fine Art Studio, Winston-Salem, NC. For information and registration Click Here.
As always, thanks so much for your support!
PS: If you need help getting started with your art business, I have a new online course called Art Biz 101:
Art Biz 101 is designed to help you start your own art business. You'll learn how to determine what your business will be, how to set it up legally, how to create branding, do marketing, set pricing, etc. Details HERE.
Price Reduced $50 through June!