The Painting of "Fire in the Sky 2"
This painting is a commissioned piece from a new customer. She liked a painting I did several years ago, that was sold. She asked if I would use the same color combination as that painting, and I said yes, of course I will.
The title, "Fire in the Sky 2" describes the piece as a landscape painting, and that is exactly what it is. There are heavier, cool earthbound shapes on the bottom of the painting and brighter, warm colors on the top. It can be seen as a sunrise, or sunset scene.
For the color combination I am using a secondary triad palette of violet, orange and green. The chromatic dominance is violet with a non-dominant color of orange and accent color of green. The colors I used are: Dioxazine Purple, Permanent Violet, Light Violet, Blue Violet, Ultramarine Blue, Cobalt Violet, Quinacridone Magenta, Fluorescent Magenta, Homemade Pink, Pyrrol Orange, Hansa Yellow Light, Indian Yellow, Cobalt Turquoise, Viridian and Titanium White.
If you'd like to learn to more about abstract painting, then please join me for a painting workshop: (You can view a list of 2018 and 2019 workshops HERE)
- September 10-12 Merced Art Center, Merced, CA. To register contact Bo Petty 209-388-1090.
- October 11-13 Binders Art, Atlanta, GA. For more information and registration Click Here.
- October 19-21 Eastern Shore Art Center, Fairhope, AL. For more information and registration Click Here.
- October 25-27 Painting Miles, Raleigh, NC. For more information and registration Click Here.
- November 10-11 Art of the Carolinas, Raleigh, NC. For more information and registration Click Here.
- November 14-16 David M. Kessler Fine Art Studio, Winston-Salem, NC. For information and registration Click Here.
As always, thanks so much for your support!
P.S. If you you'd like to learn how to paint abstracts in the comfort of your home or studio, Abstract Painting Academy is my online course: