Acrylic Paint I Use-Nova Color Paint
Nova Color Paint is a paint manufacturer established in 1965 and located in Culver City, California. The manufacturing arm is actually called Artex Manufacturing, but the paint name is Nova Color Paint.
One of the things I love about Nova Color Paint is that you purchase it directly from the manufacturer and it is not sold in any retail outlets. Because they don't sell in other outlets, there is no retail markup on the product. You purchase it at direct from manufacturer prices. It is professional quality paint available at student grade prices. Who doesn't love a great deal?
Nova Color only makes one type of paint, which is soft body. They have a great range of colors, including fluorescent and iridescent. They also have a great color chart that you can request be mailed to you. It is samples of the actual paint on a sheet rather than printed colors (which NEVER match the real colors). If you find the paint too thin, you can always add one of their gel mediums to add body to the paint. On occasion I use their gloss gel and highly recommend it.
The colors are brilliant and the tinting strength is high. The consistency of the product from shipment to shipment is very good. Many of their colors, like Fluorescent Magenta and Hansa Yellow Light, I just cannot paint without.
Nova Color makes really great paint. For anyone just starting in acrylic paint, I highly recommend it because you can get professional quality paint for the price you would normally pay for undesirable student grade paint (thats full of fillers and very little pigment).
If you haven't tried Nova Color Paint, you should. you can order directly rom their website at novacolorpaint.com.
If you're interested in learning how to apply paint with more spontaneity and freedom, join me for an upcoming workshop: (You can view a list of 2018 workshops HERE)
- April 18-21 Artist's Showplace, Dallas, TX. To register contact San Cheang: firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 3-5 David M. Kessler Fine Art Studio, Winston-Salem, NC. FULL. If you want to be added to the Wait List contact David: email@example.com
- May 17-19 Lowe Mill, Huntsville, AL. To register contact Robert Daniel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 6-9 Peninsula School of Art, Door County, WI. To register contact Elysia Michaelson: email@example.com. See Details Here.
- June 25-27 Associated Artists of Southport, Southport, NC. To register contact Nancy Schulte: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, thanks so much for your support!
P.S. If you cannot attend a live event, or prefer to learn online in the comfort of your home or studio, Abstract Painting Academy is my online workshop:
Abstract Painting Academy is the next best thing to a live workshop. You can learn more about the program by Clicking HERE.
Price Reduced $100 through June!