Abstract Painting Process-Part 6
In Part 6, I analyze the painting. Once I know what I need to do to complete it, I get to work making final adjustments to the composition by modifying colors, values and shapes. You can view Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5.
Here's my analysis:
- On the upper right main center of interest, I need to add a bit of lighter value green to change the shape and transition from the green to the pink.
- I took a black and white photo of the painting to check my values and found I needed more dark middle value. I have determined I need to add it in the middle of the painting to further strengthen the tie between the dark value shapes.
- The two bottom pink centers of interest are too much the same size, so I will modify the one on the right to make it smaller and more linear in shape.
I make the changes and am satisfied that is all I need to complete the painting. I add my signature and call it done. Thanks for watching the process, and I hope it was helpful for you.
Leave any comments or questions you have below. Thanks.
If you're interested in attending a workshop with me in 2018, check out my list of upcoming workshops: (You can view a list of 2018 workshops HERE)
- March 21-23 Contemporary Artists of Southern Arizona, Tucson, AZ. To register contact Jan Sennewald: email@example.com.
- March 26-28 Arizona Art Supply, Phoenix, AZ. To register contact David: firstname.lastname@example.org or Click HERE to register online.
- April 18-21 Artist's Showplace, Dallas, TX. To register contact San Cheang: email@example.com
- May 3-5 David M. Kessler Fine Art Studio, Winston-Salem, NC. (Only 2 Seats Left!) To register online Click Here. If you have questions contact David: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, thanks so much for your support!
P.S. If you are interested in learning abstract painting with a dose of design fundamentals, you should join Abstract Painting Academy:
Abstract Painting Academy is the next best thing to a live workshop. You can learn more about the program by Clicking HERE.